Myrtle Beach Water Company Information

The local Myrtle Beach water company is one of the first utilities that you will want to contact prior to moving into your new home. This list will help you decide who to call.

You need it for washing, cooking, drinking and flushing the toilet and you need it NOW! You really can’t do without it for even a day, so it needs to be turned on and flowing before you back the moving truck up to the door.

“IT” is water, good old H2O; something we don’t think about until we don’t have it, but it’s something you need to think about when making your move-in check list. On the Grand Strand there are several water companies serving different cities and county locations, so you need to know who and where your local water company is so you can get hooked up.

Which Myrtle Beach Water Company Do I Call?

There are seven companies serving the Grand Strand from Murrells Inlet to Little River. For most of them it’s pretty easy to tell who serves your neighborhood depending on where you live. The only confusion might be with Grand Strand Water and Sewer (843) 443-8200 since they cover a pretty broad area. Basically, they cover most of the county including the unincorporated areas of Murrells Inlet (in Horry County), Garden City and the City of Surfside Beach, so if you live in the county, call them.

Map courtesy of Grand Strand Water and SewerThis map, courtesy of Grand Strand Water and Sewer, shows what companies serve Horry County.

The City of Myrtle Beach Utilities department (843) 918-1212 provides water and sewer services to residence and businesses inside the city limits of Myrtle Beach.

The City of North Myrtle Beach (843) 280-5550 provides water and sewer service for residents and businesses inside the city limits and other areas south of the waterway. This includes Barefoot Resort, Atlantic Beach and Cherry Grove.

Little River Water & Sewerage Company (843) 399-1888 is a not for profit corporation that serves Little River and the surrounding rural areas from the waterway to the Waccamaw River, and from just west of Highway 9 to the North Carolina state line.

Loris Water & Sewer (843) 756-5810 serves residents and businesses in the city of Loris on the north east end of the county.

Call the Finance Department for Conway (843) 248-1780 for water and sewer services inside the Conway city limits. The city also provides some water services outside the city limits where Grand Strand Water and Sewer provides sewer service.

Bucksport and its surrounding communities south of Conway are served by the Bucksport Water System (843) 248-3195, a member-owned, not-for-profit company.

Who to Call in Georgetown County

If you are inside the city limits of Georgetown, new service and billing are handled by the city Finance Department (843) 545-4044.

For outside the city, contact Georgetown County Water and Sewer District (843) 546-8408. They serve the unincorporated areas of Georgetown County including Murrells Inlet (south of the Horry County line), Pawleys Island and the rest of the Waccamaw Neck.

Brunswick Islands Water Companies

If you plan to move north of the border to the Brunswick Islands, you’ll get your water and sewer service from Brunswick County Utilities (910) 253-2655. The county serves the unincorporated areas and some of the municipalities like Calabash.

If you live in Shallotte, water and sewer services are provided by the Town of Shallotte (910) 754-4032.

If you also need electric service hooked up, visit Electricity Companies in Myrtle Beach.

For an overview of all area utilities, see Myrtle Beach Utilities & Services.

go from Myrtle Beach Water Company Information to Love Myrtle Beach Home

Please note that is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.

Do you LOVE this page? 
Click Like and Share and please leave a comment below.